Monday, August 29, 2011

8

8 years old, I am in standard 2 now (abo..) Class, basketball, toys, long roads to Penang with Jacky Cheung CD again. My legs were constantly bruised up at this period and mosquito bites appear all the time because my classroom is located next to swampy grasses.

A significant person in my childhood. I call her Ying Jie, my nanny. She took care of me since I was born. Since i'm the youngest among my siblings, I have the least memory of her. But I remember I was really close to her. I would stick to her in the house. Go to wherever she goes. Keep her company when she's doing chores. And I would wait at the stairs by 9pm so that when she's done with her chores she would bring me to bed. Now the next part I can barely recall.. I don't know why, but she left. Probably because I am old enough then and we don't need a nanny anymore. Remember Lady? Ying jie took her along when she left. I was sad of course. No dogs jumping on me after school. I asked my mother why she had to bring Lady with her. she said Ying jie needs a company too. Or maybe, she didn't want the children to witness Lady getting old and pass away. At least that's what I thought. So now I have happy memories of Lady.

And we met up with Ying Jie last year :D


No comments:

Post a Comment